Sunday, September 21, 2014

Re: the shallow narcissism of female youtube entrepreneurs

Hey Red Pill Grumm, 2012 called and they want their Reply Girls back.  I was doing research for another article I posted today http://happycabbie.blogspot.com/2014/09/harassment-is-part-of-internet.html and part of that including digging up a reference from the manosphere website ReturnofKings where I found this article.  http://www.returnofkings.com/43795/the-shallow-narcissism-of-female-youtube-entrepreneurs

Long story short, the author Red Pill Grumm believes that women who flaunt their sexuality to get views and adsense money from YouTube are wrong and that it is MEN who actually produce things of substance.

I assume he is not talking about what these two men are doing.  Forward to 3:31 for the spank



It doesn’t seem fair does it? Men have to go to trade school, engineering school, or some other lengthy job training institution to ultimately make a fraction of the amount of money (for our time, effort, and sweat) compared to many of these women. This is all while we are creating things of tangible value which have a purposeful application to society. What these women create is nothing. 
Well from a person who actually DID YouTube full time for a living I would like to retort.



This article (more like a video critique) will present a number of examples of how women use their bodies to exploit Youtube for financial gain, all while disseminating information and content which has almost zero intellectual value. And of course, all of these videos took very little time, effort, and expenditure to produce. 

If you think it is bad now, you should have seen what was going down in late 2011 and 2012 when the Reply Girls were basically copying the tags of a popular video, doing a 30 second review saying the video was good and then posting it as a response.  Doing so would force the youtube system into putting their videos in the related videos section.  If you don't know about the Reply Girls and how it went down until YouTube changed their systems to break them here is my summary.



Long story short, sex sells.  There will always be people who spend time to create something, such as my blog which on many articles takes a few hours, some of them even a day or two and results in getting about 100 hits.  Meanwhile, I can turn on a camera jiggle my fat, get tons of views and even featured on MTV.

There is an old saying, don't hate the player, hate the game.  The fact that somebody has found a way to make money with little effort should not have any impact on your day.  Be the best that you can be, and never be satisfied with your status.  One thing about YouTube is you are never on top forever.  The big names just two years ago are no longer getting even a 10th of the views they used to.  There will always be better looking people to watch.  Enjoy the time in the spotlight while you have it.  I was featured on national television twice and I was featured on the YouTube home page.  I have had more success on the internet than most people can even dream of.

Small note, my YouTube views have gone down considerably, even more so in the fact that much of the past year I was locked out of my account.  At this time I don't have plans on doing more videos.  Doing YouTube for a living was fun, but I am now out doing stuff.  Working with both my hands and my brain.  I love it.  

The other side effect from doing the Internet for a living is that I lived on the internet.  Some days I never left home.  I don't want to return to those days.   

happycabbie on twitter
happycabbie on YouTube